Nominations are now open for the 2024 Youth Awards. The location and date of the ceremony are to be announced!
The annual Kawartha Lakes Youth Awards was created by the BGC Kawarthas Foundation to shine a spotlight on youth in our community between the ages of 12 and 24.
We receive nominations from a variety of sources throughout the community, all highlighting extraordinary youth. Their stories are inspiring and reinforce that the future of our community is in excellent hands.
We offer a total of eight awards, and two of each are rewarded, to a youth between the ages of 12-17, and a youth between the ages of 18-24.
If you fill out the form online, save it, and then send it, alongside a photo of the nominee, to email@example.com
If you print it and fill it out by hand, bring it or mail it to our Lindsay building at 107 Lindsay St. S, K9V 2M5. Our hours are Monday-Friday, 9-6.
These forms are due by Friday, March 8th, 2024!
All nominees must have strong ties to the City of Kawartha Lakes. For every category, individuals or groups may be nominated. Involvement with the BGC Kawarthas is only required for the BGC Kawarthas Club Spirit Award. Any group or individual is welcome to submit a nomination for a Youth Achievement Award.
How to submit
Once you’ve completed the form, if you’ve filled it out on the computer, please save it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you’ve filled it out on paper, please bring it or mail it to 107 Lindsay St. South, Lindsay, ON K9V 2M5! They must be received by March 8th!
Our lead 2023 sponsors:
Here are our 2024 Award Sponsors
- Arts Achievement: Kei-Lin Roofing Inc.
- Humanitarian: Sponsored by Wood Mizer
- Entrepreneurship: Sponsored by KLCFDC & the City of Kawartha Lakes
- Green Award: Sponsored by Fleming College
- BGC Club Spirit & Marcie Beall Scholarship: Sponsored by Cable Cable & Scholarship from the Beall/Lough families
- Physical Literacy: Sponsored by Planet Fitness
- Leadership: Sponsored by Greg Evans Professional Corporation
- Resiliency: Sponsored by Pinnguaq
- Ron Kennedy Scholarship Fund: Kennedy Family
Nomination Form(s) Due Date: March 8, 2024
Ceremony Date: TBA