Nominations are now closed and Judges have chosen their winners to be announced on June 15th at our celebration awards event at Fairview Baptist Church.
We are grateful to our nominators, judges and sponsors for making it possible for us to honour so many impressive youth.
The annual Kawartha Lakes Youth Awards was created by the Foundation to shine a spotlight on youth in our community between the ages of 12 and 24.
We receive nominations from a variety of sources throughout the community, all highlighting extraordinary youth. Their stories are inspiring and reinforce that the future of our community is in excellent hands.
All nominees must have strong ties to the City of Kawartha Lakes. For every category, individuals or groups may be nominated. Involvement with the BGC Kawarthas is only required for the BGC Kawarthas Club Spirit Award. Any group or individual is welcome to submit a nomination for a Youth Achievement Award.
How to submit
Once you’ve completed the form, if you’ve filled it out on the computer, please save it and email it to us.
If you’ve filled it out on paper, please bring it or mail it to 107 Lindsay St. South, Lindsay, ON K9V 2M5! They must be received by March 10th!
Here are our 2023 Award Sponsors
- Arts Achievement: Sponsored by Flato Developments
- Humanitarian: Sponsored by Wood Mizer
- Entrepreneurship: Sponsored by KLCFDC & the City of Kawartha Lakes
- Green Award: Sponsored by Fleming College
- BGC Club Spirit & Marcie Beall Scholarship: Sponsored by Cable Cable & Scholarship from the Beall/Lough families
- Physical Literacy: Sponsored by Planet Fitness
- Leadership: Sponsored by Greg Evans Professional Corporation
- Resiliency: Sponsored by Pinnguaq
- Ron Kennedy Scholarship Fund: Kennedy Family
Location: Fairview Baptist Church
Date: June15th, 6pm