Who is Eligible?
Community Capacity Building is a support service designed to assist children, youth from ages 10-18 at risk of coming into care without immediate intervention.
Referral & Process
The Community Capacity Building Program Support Worker provides guidance and support to children, youth and their families referred through Kawartha Haliburton Children’s Aid Society.
A CCB Support Worker will contact you and arrange a home visit to meet you.
What is the Purpose of CCB?
- Provide in-home supports to families at risk which may include conflict/risk of abuse and or behaviours presenting as challenging to parents
- Build a strong rapport with families to ensure consistent and continued program engagement.
- Inform and educate families regarding community partners available to provide additional supports.
- Support families through a referral process, attend appointments and maintain open communication with community partners, therapists and medical practitioners.
- Establish collaborative working partnerships with community agencies that provide services to families
Supported by the
Government of Ontario